Course Objectives: To enable the student to effectively communicate basic designs through graphical representations as per standards.
Syllabus :Introduction to Engineering Graphics; Orthographic projections of lines and solids, Isometric projection, Freehand sketching, Introduction to CAD, Sections of solids, Development of surfaces, Perspective projection.
Expected outcome: Upon successful completion of this course, the student would have accomplished the following abilities and skills:
1. Fundamental Engineering Drawing Standards.
2. Dimensioning and preparation of neat drawings and drawing sheets.
3. Interpretation of engineering drawings
4. The features of CAD software
- Teacher: Ajayakumar A G
Sustainability- need and concept, challenges, Environment acts and protocols, Global, Regional and Local environmental issues, Natural resources and their pollution, Carbon credits, Zero waste concept ISO 14000, Life Cycle Analysis, Environmental Impact Assessment studies, Sustainable habitat, Green buildings, green materials, Energy, Conventional and renewable sources, Technology and sustainable development, Sustainable urbanization, Industrial Ecology.
- Teacher: Parvathy P R
1) To get basic idea about types, specification and common values of passive and active
2) To familiarize the working of diodes, transistors, MOSFETS and integrated circuits.
3) To understand the working of rectifiers, amplifiers and oscillators.
4) To get a basic idea about measuring instruments
5) To get a fundamental idea of basic communication systems and entertainment electronics
Evolution and Impact of Electronics in industries and in society, Familiarization of Resistors,
Capacitors, Inductors, Transformers and Electro mechanical components, PN Junction diode:
Structure, Principle of operation, Zener diode, Photo diode, LED, Solar cell, Bipolar Junction
Transistors: Structure, Principle of operation, characteristics, Rectifiers and power supplies: Half
wave and full wave rectifier, capacitor filter, zener voltage regulator, Amplifiers and Oscillators:
common emitter amplifier, feedback, oscillators, RC phase shift oscillator, Analogue Integrated
circuits: operational amplifier, inverting and non-inverting amplifier, Electronic Instrumentation:
digital multimeter, digital storage oscilloscope, function generator, Radio communication:
principle of AM & FM, Super heterodyne receiver, Satellite communication: geo-stationary
satellite system, Mobile communication: cellular communications, Optical communication:
system, principle of light transmission through fiber, Entertainment Electronics: Cable TV,
- Teacher: neethu nadesh