To enable the students to acquire knowledge in the concepts of chemistry for engineering applications and to familiarize the students with different application oriented topics like new generation engineering materials, storage devices, different instrumental methods etc. and to develop abilities and skills that are relevant to the study and practice of chemistry.
Spectroscopy - Principles and Applications, Electrochemistry - Electrodes, Electrochemical series and applications, Nernst Equation, Potentiometric titration and application, Cells, Instrumental Methods- Thermal Analysis, Chromatography; Conductivity, Chemistry of Engineering Materials, Copolymers, Conducting Polymers, Advanced Polymers, Nanomaterials, Fuels and Calorific value; Lubricants and their properties, Water Technology - Hardness, Water softening methods, Sewage water Treatment.
- Teacher: vineesh v
The purpose of this course is:-
1. To have an increased awareness among students on issues in areas of sustainability
2. To have an insight into global environmental issues
3. To establish a clear understanding of the role and impact of various aspects of engineering and engineering decisions on environmental, societal, and economic problems.
The student will be
• Able to appreciate and explain the different types of environmental pollution problems and their sustainable solutions
• Able to apply the concepts of sustainability in their respective area of specialization
- Teacher: Vishnu Girish C
IMES is an introductory course on mechanical engineering covering six modules dealing with Thermodynamics,Turbo machinery,HVAC,Automobiles,Engineering materials and Manufacturing processes.
This course will introduce you to the field of mechanical engineering and the relationships between physics, mathematics, communications, and sciences which inform the study, design, and manufacture of mechanical products and systems. The course is divided into six modules. In the first unit, you will learn about thermodynamics. We will also review some basic principles from mathematics and physics that you will apply in any discipline of engineering. In the second unit, you will learn about the various turbo machinery. You will revisit these issues in more detail in several courses within the Mechanical Engineering curriculum. The third unit focuses on heat ventilation and air conditioning.In the fourth unit, you will come across the basics of automobiles. Fifth and sixth modules cover engineering materials and manufacturing processes.
- Teacher: NITHIN MITHRA S