Explain mode theory and parameters of different types of optical fibers.
Discuss principle, characteristics and applications of optical sources and detectors.
Illustrate different types of optical amplifiers.
Design optical link and analyze performance.
Describe different types of optical measuring instruments.
Discuss different optical components of WDM.
Classification of Light wave systems. Fibers- types and refractive index profiles, Mode theory of fibers- modes in SI and GI fibers. Impairments in fibers, Dispersion- Group Velocity Dispersion, modal, wave guide and Polarization Mode Dispersion. Attenuation- absorption, bending and scattering losses, fiber materials, fabrication of fibers, photonic crystal fiber, index guiding fiber , photonic bandgap fiber, hollow core fiber, fiber cables.
Optical sources, LEDs and LDs, Structures, Characteristics, Modulators using LEDs and LDs. Coupling with fibers. Noise in Laser diodes, Amplified Spontaneous Emission (ASE) noise, effects of Laser diode nonlinearity ,optical detectors, types and characteristics, structure and working of PIN and APD, noise in detectors and comparison of performance
Optical receivers- Ideal photo receiver and quantum limit of detection. Digital transmission systems, Design of IMDD links- power and rise time budgets, Coherent Systems, sensitivity of a coherent receiver, comparison with IMDD systems. Optical Amplifiers- comparison of different types- doped fiber amplifiers, EDFA, structure and working, structure and working of semiconductor laser amplifier, amplifier configurations. Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR), fault detection, length and refractive index measurements.
The WDM concept, WDM standards, Couplers, circulator, Add/ Drop Multiplexers, gratings, tunable filters, MZ interferometer, system performance parameters. Introduction to soliton transmission, soilton links using optical amplifiers, GH effect, solitonsoliton interaction, amplifier gain fluctuations, design guide lines of soliton based links.Introduction to optical networks. Introduction to free space optics, LiFi technology and VLC.
- Teacher: Ammu Kripalal
- Differentiate between conventional tubes & microwaves tubes.
- Explain the principle of microwave amplifiers and oscillators and analyze their parameters.
- Describe the principle and characteristics of microwave solid state devices.
- Recognize various microwave components
- Discuss the methods to measure various parameters.
- Explain different types of radars
- Discuss various navigation systems
- Teacher: SREEJITHA S G
The course shall provide
- A fundamental knowledge about general operating systems.
- An introduction to Real Time Operating Systems, its basic structure, building blocks and various operations on it.
- An insight into the different scheduling algorithms used in RTOS
- An overview of the different applications of real time operating systems
- Teacher: Shilpa Das
• To have a thorough understanding of the basic structure and design of an Embedded System.
• To study the different ways of communicating with I/O devices and standard I/O interfaces.
• To study the basics of RTOS for Embedded systems.
• To study the programming concepts of Embedded Systems.
- Teacher: Rajesh GR
- To understand the concept of information
- To introduce to various aspects of error controlling and coding techniques for communication.
- To have idea on the different coding techniques.
- Teacher: Muhammed Anshad
This program is designed to teach you exactly what you need to know to successfully pass the Associate Android Developer Certification Exam from Google. It's a great way to prove your Android Development skills and earn certification directly from Google affirming those skills—a definitive step on the path to a job as an Android Developer.