- To develop ability to critically analyse and evaluate a variety of management practices in the contemporary context;
- To understand and apply a variety of management and organisational theories in practice;
- To be able to mirror existing practices or to generate their own innovative management competencies, required for today's complex and global workplace;
- To be able to critically reflect on ethical theories and social responsibility ideologies to create sustainable organisations.
Definition, roles and functions of a manager, management and its science and art perspectives,
management challenges and the concepts like, competitive advantage, entrepreneurship and
innovation. Early contributors and their contributions to the field of management. Corporate
Social Responsibility. Planning, Organizing, Staffing and HRD functions, Leading and
Controlling. Decision making under certainty, uncertainty and risk, creative process and
innovation involved in decision making.
- Teacher: Chandu C B
To introduce basic mathematical concepts related to electromagnetic vector fields.
To impart knowledge on the basic concepts of electric and magnetic fields
To develop a solid foundation in the analysis and application of electromagnetic fields, Maxwell’s equations and Poynting theorem.
To become familiar with propagation of signal through transmission lines and waveguides.
Syllabus:Co-ordinate transformation, vector algebra, vector calculus, electrostatics, magneto statics, Maxwell’s equations, Boundary condition, Solution of wave equation, propagation of plane EM wave in different media, Poynting vector theorem, transmission lines, Smith chart, Waveguides.
- Teacher: Ammu Kripalal
The purpose of this course is:
1. To understand fundamental operating concepts of microprocessors and microcontrollers.
2. To communicate with various devices using controller.
3. To design a microcontroller based system with the help of the interfacing devices.
4. To program the controller to make various peripherals work for specified application.
- Teacher: Anjana N
The purpose of this course is:
1. To introduce student to basic biomedical engineering technology
2. To understand the anatomy & physiology of major systems of the body in designing equipment for medical treatments.
3. To impart knowledge about the principle and working of different types of bio-medical electronic equipment/devices.
Human body-overview, Physiological systems of body, Measurement of physiological parameters, Assisting and therapeutic devices, Medical laboratory equipments, Telemetry in patient care, Patient safety, Medical imaging system.
- Teacher: Shilpa Das
The course shall provide:
- Concepts of Discrete Fourier Transform, Fast Fourier Transform & Discrete Cosine Transforms
- Understanding about the development of algorithms for efficient computation of DFT
- Details about the concepts of design of IIR and FIR filters.
- Understanding of the realization of various structures for IIR and FIR Filters.
- Practical consideration about sampling, multirate conversion and its applications
- Concepts of quantisation effects in digital implementation of IIR and FIR systems.
- Introduction of the architecture of DSP processors
- Teacher: SREEJITHA S G
To provide an insight on the concepts of Power Electronics and Electronic instruments. To study the applications of Power electronics such as Switched mode regulators and inverters. To develop understanding of the concept of Transducers and Digital instruments.
Power semiconductor switches and its static and dynamic characteristics. Switched mode regulators, SMPS, Switched mode inverters, UPS. Performance characteristics of instruments, Measurement of passive components, Different Transducers, Digital Instruments.
The student should able to: Understand the concepts of Power Electronics and the various applications. Get an insight on various electronic instruments, their configuration and measurements using them. Understand the principle of operation of Transducers
- Teacher: LIJI RAMESAN SANTHI