To enable the student to effectively communicate basic designs through graphical representations as
Introduction to Engineering Graphics; Orthographic projections of lines and solids, Isometric
projection, Freehand sketching, Introduction to CAD, Sections of solids, Development of surfaces,
Upon successful completion of this course, the student would have accomplished the following
abilities and skills:
1. Fundamental Engineering Drawing Standards.
2. Dimensioning and preparation of neat drawings and drawing sheets.
3. Interpretation of engineering drawings
4. The features of CAD software
- Teacher: Jithin Aluvila
1) To get basic idea about types, specification and common values of passive and active
2) To familiarize the working of diodes, transistors, MOSFETS and integrated circuits.
3) To understand the working of rectifiers, amplifiers and oscillators.
4) To get a basic idea about measuring instruments
5) To get a fundamental idea of basic communication systems and entertainment electronics
Evolution and Impact of Electronics in industries and in society, Familiarization of Resistors,
Capacitors, Inductors, Transformers and Electro mechanical components, PN Junction diode:
Structure, Principle of operation, Zener diode, Photo diode, LED, Solar cell, Bipolar Junction
Transistors: Structure, Principle of operation, characteristics, Rectifiers and power supplies: Half
wave and full wave rectifier, capacitor filter, zener voltage regulator, Amplifiers and Oscillators:
common emitter amplifier, feedback, oscillators, RC phase shift oscillator, Analogue Integrated
circuits: operational amplifier, inverting and non-inverting amplifier, Electronic Instrumentation:
digital multimeter, digital storage oscilloscope, function generator, Radio communication:
principle of AM & FM, Super heterodyne receiver, Satellite communication: geo-stationary
satellite system, Mobile communication: cellular communications, Optical communication:
system, principle of light transmission through fiber, Entertainment Electronics: Cable TV,
- Teacher: Chandu C B
• To establish a clear understanding of the role and impact of various aspects of engineering and engineering decisions on environmental, societal, and economic problems.
- Teacher: saifiya F
Civil Engineering is a profession that includes numerous other disciplines that produce useful facilities for the human beings,including roads,dams, waste disposal and other facilities that are used in our daily life. Civil engineering is progressing at a fast pace as are other technologies.
- To provide the students an overview of the profession of civil engineering.
- To give the students an illustration of the use and properties of various building materials and explains the building construction aspect.
- Teacher: deepika s