To develop ability to critically analyse and evaluate a variety of management practices in the contemporary context.
To understand and apply a variety of management and organisational theories in practice.
To be able to mirror existing practices or to generate their own innovative management competencies, required for today's complex and global workplace.
To be able to critically reflect on ethical theories and social responsibility ideologies to create sustainable organisations.
- Teacher: Shibin Mathew
1. Basic principles, techniques, equipment, applications and limitations of basic NDT methods
such as Visual, Penetrant Testing, Magnetic Particle Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Radiography,
2. Selection of appropriate NDT methods.
3. Identify advantages and limitations of nondestructive testing methods
4. Developments and future trends in NDT.
5. Practical demonstrations on the techniques and application of the various NDT methods.
- Teacher: Rohit Kanavila
Objective 1) Develop an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering Outcomes 1) Be proficient in the use of mathematical methods to analyze the forces and motion of complex systems of linkages, gears and cams.
Objective 2) To develop an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints. Outcomes 1. Be able to design linkage, cam and gear mechanisms for a given motion or a given input/output motion or force relationship.
Objective 3) To develop an ability to identify, formulate, . Outcomes 1) Be able to analyze the motion and the dynamical forces acting on mechanical systems composed of linkages, gears and cams.
Objective 4) To develop an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Teacher: VIMAL A
Course Objectives: The main objectives of this course are
1. To introduce students to the scientific principles underlying material behavior during manufacturing processes so as to enable them to undertake calculations of forces, tool stresses and material removal rates.
2. To understand various machine tools such as lathe, drilling machine, reciprocating machines etc. and their operations.
3. To impart knowledge of appropriate parameters to be used for various machining operations.
4. To develop knowledge on the importance of milling grinding and super finishing in metal cutting process.
5. To introduce the fundamentals of digital manufacturing.
The students will be able to
1. Analyze various machining process and calculate relevant quantities such us velocities, forces and powers.
2. Identify and explain the function of the basic components of a machine tool.
3. Understand the limitations of various machining process with regard to shape formation and surface texture.
4. Apply cutting mechanics to metal machining based on cutting force and power consumption.
5. Understand the use of various machine tools and their fields of application.
6. Understand the principle and applications of grinding and super finishing operations.
7. Get a basic knowledge on the importance of digital manufacturing.
- Teacher: AVINASH GS