To enable the student to effectively communicate basic designs through graphical representations as per standards.
- Teacher: VIMAL A
- Introduce students to some basic tools in Mathematics which are useful in modelling and analysing physical phenomena involving continuous changes of variables
- The differential and integral calculus of functions of one or more variables have vast range of applications across all branches of engineering.
Provides basic training in plotting and visualising graphs of functions and intuitively understanding their properties
- Teacher: Aiswarya S Sasidharan
The purpose of this course is:-
1. To have an increased awareness among students on issues in areas of sustainability
2. To have an insight into global environmental issues
3. To establish a clear understanding of the role and impact of various aspects of engineering and engineering decisions on environmental, societal, and economic problems.
The student will be
• Able to appreciate and explain the different types of environmental pollution problems and their sustainable solutions
• Able to apply the concepts of sustainability in their respective area of specialization
- Teacher: ASNA S ASOK
Most of the engineering disciplines are rooted in Physics. In fact a good engineer is more or less an applied physicist. This course is designed to provide a bridge to the world of technology from the basics of science and to equip the students with skills in scientific inquiry , problem solving and laboratory techniques.
SYLLABUS Harmonicscillations Damped and Forced Harmonic Oscillations.Waves:One Dimensional and Three Dimensional Waves.Interference:Interference in thin films(Reflected System) Diffraction: Fraunhofer and Fresnel diffraction,Grating. Polarisation of Light double refraction, Production and detection of Polarised light .Superconductivity:Properties and Applications.Quantum Mechanics: Schrodinger Equations- Formulation and Solution , Operators, Applications.Statistical Mechanics Microstateand Macrostates, Maxwell-Boltzmann, Bose-Einstein and Fermi Dirac Stastics Fermilevel and its significance .Acoustics : Intensity of sound .Reverberation and design concepts, Ultrasonics Production ,Detection and Applications, NDT methods. Lasers:Properties , Working Principles, Practical Lasers.Photonics: Basics of Solid State Lighting, Photo detectors, Solar Cells,Fiber optics.
Expected outcome: Familiarity with the principles of Physics and its significance in engineering systems and technological advances
- Teacher: Sachana CS